Why Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
In most cases, it is beneficial to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to help with your claim. If you answered yes to any of the questions below, you should seek advice from a McAleer Law attorney:
- Are you uncertain of what information should go into your claim in order to ensure it will be accepted?
- Has your claim already been denied?
- Are you not receiving medical treatment?
- Are you dissatisfied with your medical care?
- Does your employer believe you were not actually injured?
- Are you out of work and not receiving any income?
- Were you laid off or terminated after a work-related injury?
- Have you been told to report back to work but you feel incapable of doing so?
- Have you been promised benefits of any sort that have not arrived?
Workers’ compensation is a fine system if it all runs according to plan. Many employers are concerned about their employees and want to see them at work and in good health. But oftentimes this is not what happens. Do you feel confident you know what to do if all does not go as it should?
At McAleer Law, we know from many years of experience that workers often need help navigating the complex workers’ compensation system. You do have definite rights and your employer has certain obligations that they must meet.
It is our job to know and understand the laws well and to fight for the rights of our clients. For example, if someone other than your employer, such as a manufacturer or a negligent driver, was the cause of your injury, they may also be sued for your pain and suffering in addition to workers’ comp benefits.
Commonly, an injured worker faces a doctor who is motivated to return the individual to work as quickly as possible. The worker may have to deal with an employer who is hostile to his situation. Frequently, injured workers have to face insurance company attorneys who are experts at paying out the smallest amount of benefits that they can.
At McAleer Law, we’ll be in your corner, working towards the best possible outcome in your case.