Inadequate Premises Security
Property owners, whether they are hotel, grocery store, or nightclub owners, are required by law to keep their premises safe or to warn people of known dangers that are not obvious. When this does not happen and you are injured in an accident or in a crime because of unsafe premises or inadequate security, the law gives people the right to seek compensation against the property owner. This is premises liability law.
At The McAleer Law Firm, P.C., we have the resources and the experience to handle a broad range of premises liability matters including:
- Injuries resulting from negligent security on nightclub property, hotels or apartment buildings
- Parking lot and parking garage assaults
- Accidents due to maintenance neglect
- Injuries resulting from inappropriate hiring and retention of employees who commit crimes against hotel residents or visitors
- Slip-and-fall accidents from broken stairs, slippery floors, dangerous sidewalks or other hazardous conditions
We recently obtained a large settlement for a client who was shot in a nightclub parking lot that is located in an area where there is a lot of gang activity. We successfully argued that adequate nightclub security could have prevented the crime.The Way We Work
We represent personal injury clients on a contingency basis. This means that we charge no attorney’s fee unless we recover or win on your behalf. The success of a case is essentially based on our ability to:
- Listen carefully to you and gain understanding of the events leading your injury and how your life has been affected
- Establish the duty of care and the property owner’s breach of that duty
We know how to investigate these kinds of cases, and we have the experience and resources necessary to put in the hard work, time, and effort that bring results to our clients.