Do You Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits?
Have you tried to apply for Social Security Disability benefits in Georgia? The process is complex and daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Before you apply, keep reading. These simple bullet points may help you gain a better understanding of your status and whether you qualify.
You do NOT Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits if...
- You are working and making a significant income, you do not qualify for benefits.
- Your condition is not a "severe impairment" which interferes with your ability to work.
- Your impairment is severe enough, such that it meets SSA’s definition of a qualifying disorder or impairment.
- Your impairment renders you unable to perform “past relevant work." In other words, you are unable to perform work that you have done in the past.
- Your impairments prevent you from doing not just past work but any other kind of work.
The attorneys at McAleer Law have years of experience assisting people just like you with their Social Security Disability claims. If you have questions about whether you qualify for Social Security disability benefits, we are here for you.
And, if you have already applied and been denied, don’t give up. Our Social Security Disability attorneys can help you appeal your claim. Call us today at 404-622-5337 to schedule your free consultation.