Bicycle Accidents General Overview
Bicycle safety equipment, such as helmets and knee pads, cannot remove bicycle riders from harm’s way on a daily basis. Georgia bicycle safety laws are enforced so that adult and child cyclists reduce their risk of suffering debilitating, permanent injuries, including temporary or permanent paralysis. Being involved in a major car accident while riding a bike, or even a smaller one in which the rider may fall from the bike upon impact and strike his or her head on the ground, could cause either you or a loved one to sustain serious brain trauma. It is common knowledge that a bicyclist’s health, both physical and mental, can be devastated and lives ruined following a car accident. Severe injuries can prevent one from being able to return not only to work, but also to the activities of daily living and hobbies that were done without second thought before being injured.
The attorneys at The McAleer Law Firm labor diligently to defend the legal rights of those victimized by bicycle accidents. Call us now for a free initial consultation. The firm’s extensive practice and substantial knowledge of the law surrounding the multiple components and complexities involved in bicycle accidents allows us to specialize in issues such as:
- Defects in roadways, such as potholes, for which governmental entities may be found liable for damages sustained in bicycle accidents arising from their failure to reasonably maintain the roadway;
- Cyclists who are attacked by dogs while riding their bikes;
- Hazardous conditions on designated bicycle pathways;
- Insurance coverage, such as automobile, homeowners or workers’ compensation, from which financial recovery may be made for injuries sustained in a bicycle crash;
- Expert knowledge about obtaining recovery for those who have suffered the most severe of injuries, such as spinal cord damage or brain trauma, from a bicycle accident. Those suffering from special needs following an accident may find themselves either partially or totally disabled, with expected durations of their condition ranging from several months to indefinitely. Situations such as these oftentimes require intricate legal assistance, such as creation of a power of attorney or special needs trust; appointment of a conservator or guardian; and/or communication with financial creditors who need to be periodically informed of the status of the case.
The sooner accident attorneys are retained to represent you in your bicycle accident, the faster you will begin protecting your legal rights. Skilled lawyers will begin by investigating your accident and collecting vital evidence, such as accident reports, witness statements and medical records and bills, which lays the framework for settlement and/or trial. The sooner our attorneys are able to begin work on your case following your bike crash, the greater the likelihood that prospects for financial recovery for you and others who have been involved in bike crashes will be optimized. We can also assist you with finding experienced physicians, such as orthopedists and neurologists, who treat injuries commonly seen in those who have been hurt in a bicycle accident.
Experts, such as specialized physicians and accident reconstructionists, who provide testimony on your behalf are vital to the presentation of the case of an injured cyclist as these experts can convey to a jury the gravity of both the injuries sustained and the resulting pain and suffering. Their credibility will also work in diminishing doubts that frequently skeptical insurance companies may have, thus increasing the recovery to which you are entitled.
The specialized legal knowledge possessed by our attorneys, as well as our extensive experience in negotiating with insurance defense attorneys, makes our firm far superior to other, less qualified firms in Georgia and provides us with the necessary means to reach settlements or win verdicts for our clients who have been injured in bicycle crashes.
Our firm prides itself in the care and professionalism we provide in representing personal injury victims. The McAleer Law Firm handles claims for wrongful death as well as lawsuits for those who have lost loved ones in bicycle accidents in Georgia.
Bicycle and motorcycle accidents share many similarities in terms of the types of injuries sustained by the riders. Both are frequently the result of vehicle operators’ violations of Georgia driving laws. Call The McAleer Law Firm at 404.MCALEER for skilled representation for you and your family following serious injury in a bicycle accident.