Trucking & Commercial Vehicle Accidents
The number of large trucks traveling on highways is increasing every year. Because trucking companies and truck drivers are motivated by profit, safety concerns often diminish and other drivers suffer the consequences. This is true for any truck accident involving a semi-truck, 18-wheeler, big rig, or even the neighborhood garbage truck.
Despite rules enacted by the Department of Transportation, truck drivers often drive too many hours without the proper amount of sleep. To get around these regulations, some truck drivers falsify travel logs and fail to properly maintain their trucks and trailers.
The lawyers at McAleer Law understand the legal and practical problems associated with semi-truck accidents, tractor-trailer collisions, and 18-wheeler crashes.
We handle semi-truck and 18-wheeler crashes and collisions throughout Georgia and across the Southeast. Semi truck crashes and 18-wheeler accident cases present unique issues not associated with a typical car crash or motor vehicle accident. These differences include:
- Federal motor carrier safety regulations: federal regulations and safe operating requirements for commercial truck drivers, common carriers, vehicles, and vehicle equipment
- Hazardous materials regulations: federal regulations and safe operating requirements for the safe and secure transportation of hazardous materials, proper packaging, employee training, hazard communication, and operational requirements
- Hours -of -service: federal regulations regarding driver alertness and fatigue-related incidents
- Corporate liability: negligent hiring, supervision, and truck maintenance claims
For further information about a truck accident that may involve a or fatal accident that requires a wrongful death lawsuit, please contact McAleer Law for a free case consultation. We can also help you if you were hurt while driving for your job and need to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- Trucking Accident Facts and Statistics
- Why Consult with a Trucking Attorney?
- Important Trucking Laws and Regulations
- Types of Truck Accidents
- Tour and Charter Bus Accidents
- Limousine Accidents and Injuries, General Information
- School Bus Accidents
- MARTA Bus Accidents